Friday, August 27, 2010

Catchy K/Cpop songs

We're trying to come up with some songs for our fitness class aka torture chamber. Last year, she made us run two miles a day, and she hates slow people :P I'm azn, so I was destined to be hated by her. Well whatever. We're going to make the class more interesting by creating a CD of catchy Asian songs to play during fitness. So far, I have this:

I'm back by Danson tang
Last farewell bybig bang
Heaven by ft island
Gara gara go by big bang
A boy by g dragon
Heartbreaker by g dragon
bad girl good girl by miss a
chitty chitty bang bang by lee hyori
rainbows by alice nine
vi vi vi by sug
39galaxyz by sug
lachata
no other
wrong number by dbsk
shadow jump by hey say jump
t express by xing
wan ku-will pan
sorry sorry
lucifer-shinee
gee-snsd?
lollipop pt 2
abracadabra-brown eyed girls
love ya-ss501
haru haru
killer-jj lin

I've never actually heard of like half of it, since I don't have any girl bands/artists on my iPod. And I don't listen to disbanded groups. That part is all Julia. Oh and she also had

Super girl by suju m
Hallelujah by big bang
Beautiful hangover by big bang

I just think the lyrics are sort of weird for a Caucasian audience. We suffer enough Asian jokes already, no need for more. Last year, I went through an entire year in Spanish of this guy trying to say "wo shi ni de super girl" or something like that. It was something out of S.H.E and I have no idea where he got it from. The point is, it was annoying. If it wasn't for that issue, I would add Ring Ding Dong and Bingeul Bingeul. They're just catchy and perfect for running.

I also wish I could add some more cpop to make it even out, but cpop songs tend to be slower and not as catchy. They're more about the lyrics and in some cases, the instrumental aspect of the song [eg. Jay Chou], while kpop relies more on the catchiness of the song. So much of it is autotuned these days. Even Big Bang :[ So for cpop, I wanna add Disparate-Wei Chen, Grandness Equal to Heaven-Top Combine, Wo Bu Shuai-Yu Haoming [PS the new "Meteor Shower" has more than half the episodes out already!], and Tuxedo by this new three-guy band called Tuxedo [yeah I know, creative title right?]. They're kind of like HIT-5, who debuted, disappeared, and made a comeback. Sort of. I think two of them are twinkies and one was raised in Germany. Like 3/4 of their song is in English haha. At least I can understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment