Friday, June 18, 2010

Jay Chou!!!

I don't think Sherry mentioned Jay Chou, which is pretty strange because I thought she really liked him.... But anyways. Jay Chou isn't exactly Chinese, he's Taiwanese but whatever, he speaks Chinese. So Jay Chou is more serious than Top Combine (or whatever those Korean people made them into...) but some of his songs are really funny/strange...

Personally, I don't really like most of his songs, but I really like a decent number of them, hence my little obsession with Jay Chou at the moment ^^ I really like Ye Qu and She Wu (although She Wu is
really strange =.=), as well as some other songs. Although Dragon Rider, Cai Hong, and Qi Li Xiang aren't bad songs, I just don't like them that much -.-

This is Ye Qu:


And this is Dragon Rider...


It's a rather strange MV isn't it....

The thing I like about Jay Chou is that he's actually really talented... He plays the guitar, drums, piano and cello apparently. And he writes his own songs. In fact, he became famous because he wrote songs. He's crazy talented... It makes me feel immature, but apparently all my immaturity was sucked out of me when I was born so...

Yeah so Jay Chou also directs/stars in some movies, like Secret. Secret's the only one I've watched so far since I'm not as big on the whole movie and drama thing but Secret wasn't actually bad although it was a strange story. Did I mention Jay Chou rocks at piano? Yes, yes I did ^^ So in Secret for some reason they had to be uber nerds and go for a piano battle.... and now this piano battle is all over the web and youtube.... =.= And I don't mean they whack each other with grand pianos, they somehow win/lose based on talent? And even stranger, they had a big audience as well... I love asians ^^



~Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment