Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cpop obsession

I'm going through a Cpop phase. Cpop playing all day long-Jay Chou, Wang Leehom, Will Pan. I've been looking for good mainland artists ever since I heard about the new wave of Chinese boy bands and the like. First of all, BoBo. I've recently become very very very obsessed with them. Like, in the past two hours XD I can't believe it's taken me this long to be obsessed. I'm not really a big fan of ballads, but I suppose they're not too bad. Their new album, Let's BoBo, has a few upbeat tracks, like Just Love. BoBo's quite poetic. And they're super cute ^^

Julia says this isn't the most attractive picture ever, but she had all of her immaturity sucked out of her at birth.
I'm pretty sure Fu Xinbo is a part-time shape-shifter. He looks different from every angle-- Danson Tang, Jaejoong, Show Luo, and even a little bit like Shun Oguri.


Moving on, Top Combine. First great mainland boy band. I can't say I liked them too much at first, but they've grown on me. Especially Cotton Candy. It's quite catchy. Top Combine is very much Korean-influenced. Their stylist, choreographer, and director are all from DBSK, Shinhwa, and another korean band I can't remember the name of. Plus, their maknae, Xiao Wu (otherwise known as Jin EnSheng/Kim Eunsung/Tanas), is Korean (name makes it pretty obvious). The song that he composed for their new album, Love Live , sounds pretty kpop. I just wish they didn't look like a DBSK replica. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like their stylist DBSK-ed them. Or maybe I just don't like their shorter hair and the fact that you can't see their eyes if their hair is a tiny bit out of place. Being Asian and all, it's already kinda difficult to see one's eyes >.<

Before:


After:
I wonder why Xiao Mei is always in the middle? Shouldn't the leader be?
And this is the cutest dance ever!



Top Combine is co-hosting a new show too. I'm not exactly sure what it is but it's like uhmm a remake of Huan Zhu Ge Ge where contestants practice acting as characters from Huan Zhu Ge Ge or something like that. TC's getting chao popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment