Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm mad

Actually, I'm kind of scared. So this year, I decided to be motivated (and by motivated I mean stupid and sleep-deprived) and take accelerated chem when I knew I was going to take accelerated calc and physics. Kids, don't try this at home. It's dangerous. It's the first week of school, right, and we have a chem test less than a week from today. Last year, no one in the accelerated chem class passed the first test. He didn't throw it out or anything, he was just like, ok everybody you get the next 50 minutes to revise your test. Annnd.. GO. I'm guessing that was about enough time to get a B (or maybe if you're lucky an A). But I'm Asian. So that's not good enough.

However, he does give out plenty of extra credit. If you're willing to write a 2-3 page essay every week. On top of all the calc hw (which I've heard is, like, 10 hours a week for the smartest guy in the class) and other stuff. Yes, I'm one of those people who will probably end up staying up until some ungodly hour just to get that EC. Because I need that A.

In a nutshell, we read a chapter a week ('bout 40-ish pages), do 30 or so problems (which usually include parts a, b, c, d for each problem) then take a test or do a project. Oh, right, can't forget about the extra credit. As Rebecca Black would say, fun fun fun fun :)



No, I was being sarcastic.

And the best part is, I can't even drop this class if I wanted to. I know for sure I'm going to end up in a math/science field. I am soo not a humanities person. I can't write (well) or recall significant events in history to save my life. Basically anything I want to do in the future will most likely involve chemistry to some extent. I guess I just have to learn to live with it.

P.S. No, accelerated chem is not AP chem. All the classes at our school are already supposed to be AP. So I suppose accelerated chem is like AP AP chem? O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment